Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ode to mumbai's Rain !!!

Its raining hard and I am in the train
it moves not , stuck at one place
here is rain God -in all non-chalance
with consistent showers -that ceaseth not...!!!
I missed my train ,I skipped grand plans
there's party at home, and I am so far
How many fond dishes, how grand the feast
I know not , having missed it all
its real beauty of falling drops
yet i stand grim faced
in the blowing wind and the unstartable train
Oh common rain God - thou cant be so harsh
the bestower of warmest times
Head to the pleads of hearts
and Go back just for a while
maybe to more anxious eyes
awaiting thee since long in Gurgaon , in Delhi
and give my friends there a huge treat
a fond surprise and respite much sought
shower thy mercy on my co-passengers
gang of smartest Aunties
why strain them with twin giants
the drops of rain and words of mine
For oft you come as blessing in disguise
heralding the season of colors of celebration
profusing hearts with songs and dance
so cant you go this time as a change
and let all be merry again
with the humpty dumpty ride
on the local train..............
in a journey worth commencing
to a destination its meant to reach ........!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment