Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Power of institutions/bodies and their influence...

One day last year, a girl came to my room during insti elections, on the day of election itself, I think and started telling me whom to vote for cult or moodi secy. Having already decided i told her so, but she was adament. We the previous committee and Moodi committee know better and we support this xyz guy. He is totally good, he will be the best person. The other guy is not good. Please cast vote for xyz . So on..I wondered what on earth makes her think that an establishment name and standing behind a person can influence me changing my decision to vote for someone they support. That made me think of actual politics and candidates. How some institutions and groups abolish some candidate and urge the members of community or society to boycott someone or vote for someone.

I felt like telling her, to mind her own business. I can decide who is good based on their manifestos and work. I need no body coming and backing somehow to influence me to cast vote. And the biggest irony is she was so assured that they the so called committee has the full credentials to decide what's good for the insti...


No comments:

Post a Comment