Saturday, December 22, 2012

Professionalism...

The word called Professional and the world of professionals
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well to me Professional always evokes something which has to do away with your own self, accommodate a demanding schedule or maybe redundant and boring  schedule, be emotionless and unnecessarily sincere and showy, only to ensure a fairly decent pay at the end of the day, but your learning curtailed with each passing day. I worked in a technical firm for about two years - few months of wondering in yonder, and i had the experience of real well established firms and the starters with their eyes set on gains and there job only to squeeze u to do the work for the smallest possible fees and yet they want to derail the payment as long as they can . Well ofcourse Institutional establishments are preferred, but I wonder was I the only one, who felt doing stupid time taking jobs and going foolish with each passing day? I doubt as maybe nobody will word the feeling as I do, but all remain dissatisfied and then they say its very difficult to go back to the academics after working for so long, we have lost our ability to focus and read. See what is it if not going foolish in a way. Anyways I don't want to portray people getting foolish and foolish at one side and actually paid heftier for that ..and on the other hand people learning and getting smarter and smarter but what to say getting less preferred for employments,  in search of better words. But what I mean is self comparison, had I been doing what I know I can - given the tasks accordingly - a mix of goals and making things happen, instead of doing the same, often well documented yet not understood work with long hectic time involved, again and again  for years; if u can be involved in new roles - made to learn and understand and hired to make it better, wouldn't it be a better way to live. You can see what you could decipher, explain and understand in course of time . You being a better you, with the passing time.

Well ofcourse I am not a promoter of job maniac mentality so well spread in India, yet I am almost to take a job again " to earn some easy money" and strangely  "you are valued if you are working in some hi-fi firm" as per public opinion, the criteria being the multi-million turnover business MNC's .
I know back again I would be hating the job within two years of starting it, that's the time when I would quit- and the difference this time would be - I'll quit with some savings to start my own business. Oh by business I don't mean hard-core selling, retailing and brokerage kind of business; its all social smartness and too inartistic for my perception of fanciful oops ideal oops dreamy life. Ofcourse we all live a dream , but to have "dream come true" means a single day for most, when we have achieved some goal. It can be as weird as " clearing an exam", "getting first salary" , "purchasing the dream car" etc. etc...But if you are at dreaming, why not dream a continuum, dream of an existence that will be so very like, you want to live each day ..that way u won't feel like a secluded fool for years to turn up as smartest human on earth on one single day, only to be put into dearth again in some new setup. Till u formulate and attain some other so called goal.

This job race is one such trap, apparently for me,  I can't visualize a better description of it, maybe due to absence of its existence or maybe mine blindfoldedness. Either way "I stick by my theory till I have fairly good reasons/intuition to change it". 

So what happens to the millions of Indian youth who go out each year from 'PROFESSIONAL COLLEGES' into the so called, realm of Software/IT companies and their families assume "now they can live happily - ever after".  Why, ofcourse we struggled so hard, to facilitate their education and entry into Professional college and then payed the hefty college fees for years and supported them ( U know the competition in India - for 5000 seats 5 lakh people appear in the exam). Then we have to sent the kid for coaching ( which takes out all the blood in our vein- but then it is necessary, after all we want to be good parents - we want to facilitate our kid's bright future; why he is the smartest kid on earth; we still remember how he used to show his smartness since childhood).

Anyways I am not into the Indian parents attitude today, neither do I doubt, that its so very practical and working in this day's India ; but I wonder sometimes if my parents would not have put me into a professional college, for that matter all of us, into a professional college, what would I be doing today? Would I have learnt MSC physics or M Phil English - I would have struggled to get job of a teacher and my father would have faced so much trouble to find a fancy bridegroom. Well their tension is little less now because I am in the rat race, and I managed to pass through it. Thanks for the years of efforts of all. Anyways even this is not the point.

The point was altogether different, it was what next after you have won the rat race and are running in it for quite sometime, say more than a year - approaching say few years, I have few friends who have finally come to terms with their state, the hope and possibility of changing company and places keeps them going, they are now three years experience lot, quite a senior engineer kind of status and people( read freshies/kids) consult them for so minute works. Sometimes it irks to see them struggle with something so obvious, but ofcourse they don't have years of work to backup and boost their confidence. So where was I - yeah "Job security"  that's the word.

The security that you'll keep getting some xyz Rs in your account every month, keeps them going , it pays the bills, keeps the parents happy and tension-less and gives them power to buy the fancy stuff that's so very unnecessary yet seen as a status symbol everywhere and ultimately your exterior look only matters ( to others) and when were you concerned about your true inner happiness anyways?, to make any difference today.  Ofcourse you feel so proud of yourself telling about the company you worked for, the college you graduated from and the hefty package you are drawing and the raise you are expecting soon. Your boss is a moron, otherwise rest is great; ofcourse your colleagues dwell into stupid bickering but then " it is a part and parcel of corporate world" .You are not there to make friends, are you?. God help you, if you are.

And while you are working, better be a smart ass, otherwise for your so long work others will get the promotion and recognition because of smart tongue and the stealing presentation aptitude, they have mastered the art of.    I used to wonder sometimes, in between my anger slots and cursing, that doesn't it feels wrong to present somebody's else work and toil, as yours and get promotion on the basis of it. Ofcourse till then I used to believe people want to work to check their capabilities to prove the worth of their existence to themselves, what I mean is for self satisfaction , but then I saw something, people who do this are smart ass. they don't waste time in redundant monotonic or time taking work , and they believe they are so much more smarter then you, that they deserve the credit of the work you do, ofcourse I donno the other logics and reasons but I think they take it almost as the most natural thing on earth, their birthright or something.

"Right without deserving or action " condemnation comes from those tongues who live by the philosophy, "they have to justify their existence by their work" . But there is another lot on earth
" The Damads" as I call them . Who feel the world is theirs, every resource and opportunity is theirs, they are the masters to rule the slaves ( " read the believer of action / the doers") But for that to happen they have to manipulate and be secretive but its in the good of all. You see they are the kings of the world... I don't hate them now that not just because I am out of the game and don't give a damn, but also because I have realized how stupid the "The Damads" will be all their life, "in person" that even to think of them, would be devaluing your own self..they are, I donno, maybe moulded some what differently but as we all have a perfect chain of thought  and beliefs and a code of conduct and way of life, so much emulated within ourselves .. that to change or feel betrayed or cheated would be the worst thing you can do to yourself. But take it as you are here for better things, create something and continually learn and evolve that's the essence you live for. Let other's manage the trite work and stay happy in it. You have altogether different wiring and your value system is what you should live by.

In short "achieve your own perfection and beautiful life"; don't try to mimic others or even let anyone decide/define or pave the way to tread to your goal. Your goal is only your make, rest all is immaterial to you, accept it and let it this way.

Ahh I always come on this preachy note at the end, as if I am some "old buddhi daady" so very versed with the ways of the world, which I am not , its all old mess up's, I have sorted out/justified in the long run.  Haa its funny when life is happening to me " I feel so directionless..everything just happens and I make local decisions" - but toward the end - I always have a theory and pattern of analysis available with me. I don't know what they call these kind of things but I am sure some sort of broad or larger picture people kind of word must suit me.  Just that I also happen to have local goals ,which vary so fast and I am clueless most of the time why on the face of earth "i can't stick to one job and work and be perfect in it" Maybe dabbler that I am, I get bored too easily with routine. But then I guess this doesn't fits the definition of "Professional" but then who wants to be a professional, not I. So I prefer to label myself as "artist". Not Professional artist but artist, driven by self,  and doing fabulous things by the internal motivation and turmoils.

I will sometime ask papa " what it feels to live a lifetime" in a job; how does it affects and grows you; what u feel amiss and what u feel gained; what according to u is life's aim" . Maybe after his retirement else he might just ignore me to have gone mad ...Haha funny that I actually relish thinking
I am some kind of mad/freak - maybe the kiddish rebellion to the norms is still somewhere in me. But I think its not to show or prove any point " its just I like the idea of living a random life' not having to abide by some regular curriculum . The end result of perfection or greatness is not so much  motivating for me. I just want this day to leave so much new and exciting gyan and experience. What would happen ten years later we will see.

Dabbler am I, truly I think. But I understand what will happen to the world " if everybody goes stupid like me" . There's this term called responsibility. Devoid of this the threads of society will break. And I know that its this responsibility that drives most of the people all over. Family to provide for,  prestige in community, money to help all and live upto parents expectation of "having raised an awesome child". Trapped in these goals, u never get time to roam around and try out a banjara life...and at the end of the day " u actually become so much perfect in the work u do, that u start relishing it'. So that's the way it is.  And this kiddish phase will pass from me as well, but I m sad thinking of that. Anyways maybe there's a better view of the other life than what i attribute to it. And u can always get a perfect  mix -- khichdi our so very favorite. And that we can always manage I believe a khichdi of routine and Professionalism and your dabbling instincts...' For one u fulfill all your said roles and yet u live upto randomness and dabble in all art and sciences around.

I wonder how would the people before the gyan era dawned in - made choices, was there also these kinds of "social conduct" and responsibilities to bear, family to keep and manage and emotional upheavals or they were so concerned with jungle and gathering food that nothing else mattered. Ofcourse it should have after having meal and settling down for evening snacks what would they be discussing "the strategy to get another meal; the dwindling count of easy prey in the jungle;
the predators crossing the boundaries and howling in night" "the safety of women and children" ; "sheltering from the rains next autumn" . Isn't it?  Is it so very different? Then there would be some who would be after the " so very good looking fruit,  gathered from the jungle far away by someone in the creed" and to get it easily and freely, they would put up a emotional show " of love and respect and need and favor and promise to return it in their turn" and snatch the fruit and eat and relish it themselves. Then their would be some sages " gathering and working for the entire community" and being the first one to sacrifice themselves" for ofcourse their idea of purpose of life, is to be of use to the community. They don't fear life and death u see. They are the true fearless, awesome warriors- how great that feeling is!! What else do u want in life?? Then their would be discoverers - u know if u tread along the canal and go upto 15km u will find a cave in which the tiger lives.. ahh really u found it, great ..!! See if u mix these two " u won't feel pain and your wound will be quickly healed" oh ur a genius..aren't u..!! The adventurers " today I fought a whole sena of insects they flew after me when I took the honey and i managed to escape them so narrowly it was so much fun..ahh u live one amazing life ...don't u!!  Then their would be one baby sitter " who would take care of all the babies and would love that " ahh aren't they wonderful - see they can move their hands now" ohh i just love taking care of them....All with different attitude and aptitude and sense of purpose and meaning and role in life...

Who say's we are way more civilized? Its just the same setup with changed surroundings...   

No comments:

Post a Comment