Thursday, August 11, 2011

TALE OF A NOBODY


I am a nobody, roaming here and there
when the earth is dried by the scorching sunbeams
when the stars are up in the air
or when the raindrops shower on the humanity

I am in a sojourn that's pretty endless
seeking a destiny I am not even aware of 
a mere mortal, actor of a divine game
with what role I play too mingling in the crowd
Constituting the 'crowd' I am one of those

its not a quest of tangible goals
expressible end results or pristine glory
its just a routine tale like of millions
or maybe trillions, count I am not sure
yet I know from the faces I see
from the footsteps that match mine
there are too many ....
Like me, in a consistent endless chain
in a vicious trap of joy and pain

but its not a solace to the lost soul
neither a confidence that I am not alone
its just nothingness that prevails
and its emptiness that bothers me all along

as if it won't matter, even if I don't walk any day
it won't be of any consequence the distance I traverse
Barefoot, hungry, tired, in down trodden ways
with the unknown lanes, I can never know when to stop

Breaking the secure shell was never my aptitude
in the small instances I have let the moments go
with the only know-how its gonna last
till the time I can manage to hold on

and when I am gone, it will be a nobody
with no void anywhere, no marks to trace its presence
with no effect in the huge vast meaningful place
The life will go on with the same hues, tunes and notes.......
who cares for the tale of a nobody!!!
[but for those who live it daily.....]

No comments:

Post a Comment