Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What it is to be a Slave..

Today I got to feel a little of what it would mean to be a slave. Slave not as a person, but as a nation, ruled by some beings of other nation, dictating terms to us and treating us lower. Well it was nothing just a chat, where I heard a foreign official restricting access to our own place and saying, "you will be kicked out if you don't adhere to the timings laid down." Though it was not addressed to me, I felt a rage.. that who the hell are you to tell me, what I can or should do in my own place. At that time it struck me, being a full time person of an enslaved country, with no voice, no rights and exploited in every way, I would definitely fight for freedom, lay down my life to achieve that end.

Though I won't go for non-violence, for giving the other face for them to hit, won't be my idea .. I wonder how difficult it would be to persuade people to do that. Gandhi must be a wizard, I donno.. but if someone mistreats you, I think I believe in reciprocating or if not match, than discarding all contacts altogether, but to be there, showering yourself as sacrifice for more torture, with the hope it will ignite the humanity in the enemies heart. Well I don't understand it..Maybe some day, Like today I can understand slavery.. I may end up understanding non-violence as a means, maybe ultimate means, to end it..

No comments:

Post a Comment